Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Critics corner

Marvin Wells Per.4 4-5-11 Critic’s corner #4 I believe that Edgar Quinet is right about saying that “Every moment in our existence contains in itself the substance of a poem” every moment in lifer can be written down and expressed as a poem. For example: if a nerd where to be sitting in a class room and all of a sudden the girl that he has a crush on walks into the room and sits down, (in this short little scene lies a poem); As I sat, gloomy not gay, her absence is blue Her presence is neigh, a vast!! ! She comes and lights my sea!! ! Happy and glee, I smile kind to thee, I cannot wait to fill her place!!! To bathe in her beauty!!! To touch her face!!! Her unhampered love, to get a taste!!! Would please me forever, Should I wait, should I chase, I lay my head down to hide the cherries forming on my face. I will someday for now I wait. And that how you create a poem it’s a real life situation and it covers the feeling and emotions of one person interacting with an element that is natural to the world. So yes I honestly do believe that everyday incidents can indeed be poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment