Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sonnet 292 summerize

Sonnet 292

"Sonnet 292" by Francesco Petrarch (1304-1374)


The eyes I spoke of once in words that burn,
the arms and hands and feet and lovely face
that took me from myself for such a space
of time and marked me out from other men;

the waving hair of unmixed gold that shone,
the smile that flashed with the angelic rays
that used to make this earth a paradise,
are now a little dust, all feeling gone;

and yet I live, grief and disdain to me,
left where the light I cherished never shows,
in fragile bark on the tempestuous sea.

Here let my loving song come to a close;
the vein of my accustomed art is dry,
and this, my lyre, turned at last to tears.

My Summarization of Sonnet 292:

1) The way I feel about you makes me different from other men

2) The way I saw you was compared to that of an angle but now the feeling I had is gone because you are gone

3) I hate the feeling of grief growing in the place where i once shared a cherished memory of us

4) As the song for us turns to an end my heart cries for you still again

No comments:

Post a Comment